Sunday, October 5, 2008

Working On The Roof

I seem to have men working everywhere. While Master Carpenter Man has been tearing up the inside of my house, the outside has been getting some attention as well.

R.C. has been repairing one of those flat metal roof problems. He has been here off and on for awhile and has cleaned all the metal panels, resealed them and and replaced the screws. He has also been coating the seams with some kind of a rubber UV coating. I'm very grateful to him as was having a problem in the guest bedroom. I discovered a nasty leak after a particular hard rain. That's just something one cannot ignore. I thought it was fixed at one point, but discovered a fresh big spot not long ago. So, I called R.C. and he has come to fix it. Actually, I had him work on all the roof as figured if I had a problem in one place, another was sure to follow. I call that prevention, which is truly worth more than the pound of cure.


While he was on the roof, I would run outside once in awhile and holler up to see if he was still having a good time on the roof. He kept assuring me that he was. I told him to let me take his picture, and he did, but regretted not having his floppy hat for the photo. I was a little sorry too as he looks like he came straight from Raiders of The Lost Ark with it on.

It seems with an older home there is always something to be doing to keep it in shape. I'm certainly doing my fair share at the present.


I think I've had about enough of all this fix it stuff. I wondered what else could happen when the doorbell rang and the pest control man was at my door to treat the yard, and the UPS man also dropped by with a package. Gussie! There are men everywhere except the kitchen. At least some of the things that need to be done around here are finally getting done.

I will say that I'm not too sure about my sanity. I think I'm still okay, but I'll get back to you later on that one. In the meantime, enjoy your nice tidy house, shred your 'to do' list, and just sit back and relax. I plan to do that one day myself.

No comments: