Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Continuing Saga

I was so excited the other day as thought that Sheetrock Mud Day was at last here. WRONG! MCM arrived and started digging holes in my current sheetrock.

Then he did THIS! He decided it would be easier to just put new sheetrock over the fireplace. Granted, there were problems there... big problems. So.... my dreams of mud went out the window for the day and he dug holes in my walls and put in lots of screws.



He finally left me to clean up the mess, so I swept and swept. I even had orders to take a broom and sweep the ceiling. I did that too. See how nicely I lined up his sawhorses. I'm such a peach.

I had visions again of mud coming along. I know that some day soon (soon?) I'll be back in the living room with all things new and nice. In the meantime and beyond, I have the mess. However, I'm not complaining. I'm just not the complaining kind. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.



MCM arrived and got out a mixer and attached it to his drill. Then he started mixing. I thought about what a lovely big loaf of bread could be blended with that huge mixer blade. It did my heart good to see him mixing away. He said he was going to put this stuff on all the little holes he had dug out in my walls. I just loved him for that.







Meanwhile, I'm still living with this mess, which I fondly refer as MCM droppings. His stuff is everywhere.... EVERYWHERE!

I understand... I really do. There are buckets, tools, pieces of cardboard, shingles, masks, sacks and cans of nails, screws, bolts, etc. There are drills, a halogen light, and who knows what else... all in my dining room. I'm not going to show you the kitchen. You'd cry!




Yesterday MCM got down to the mud business. He came really early and put on one layer. It took a long long time. Then he went home for awhile and returned in the early evening to add another layer to the ceiling. So... this is what I have now. Pretty? I guess that truly is in the eye of the beholder. At least we are making progress. Someday... whenever that is.... there will be a real room here again.

My favorite Scripture is when Jesus said that He goes to prepare a place for me. 'Thank you! Thank you!' I say. I'm NOT being disrespectful. I'm just making Him smile a little.

As for the here and now, I'm really glad to see MCM when he comes. I know he is making a mess, but it takes time to do things and do them right. He is a perfectionist, and I'm glad. I tend to just wear out and slap things together. Not MCM. He works patiently and takes things in stride. I'm sure I can learn something from that.

No comments: