Thursday, June 19, 2008

Uploading Vacation Photos

Yesterday in the early evening, I decided that I didn't want to print all those vacation pictures myself. Neither did I want to drive to Nearby City to leave them to be printed. The alternative was to upload them from my computer. I thought that was a rather bright idea. I've done it before, but not so many at once.

Feeling rather pleased with myself, I opened a folder and selected all the pictures that I simply must have in the album I'll be making soon. It took awhile, but I finally had a nice 'To Order' folder and was ready to connect and get the process going. So, I clicked 'order prints' in my iPhoto program.

I love how they just send me off to Kodak and we are in business. All the pictures I'd selected appeared and I was ready to check the sizes and amounts of each. I realized then that I'd selected 268 pictures. I was relieved that I'd not be printing all those pictures myself.

I then double checked what I was ordering and clicked 'buy'. I was finished with my part.

It was then it dawned on me.... Clearly, I knew this was bound to happen, but I'd forgotten. I took a look at the size of the file I was sending and realized that I'd be uploading for a good long time. Yes, I have DSL. That didn't mean uploading 268 pictures wasn't going to be time consuming.

I'm not the kind that could just head to bed and sleep well while the computer carried on uploading. I had to be there. I finally crawled into bed, leaving on the light by the computer . I'd wake up once in awhile and head for the computer to see if the pictures were all gone. Finally, at a little after one o'clock in the wee hours, I saw the last of the pictures being loaded and the 'finished' sign appear. I felt rather finished as well.

I spent some of today getting those photos loaded to Flickr and will be putting them on my blog when I finish. Trust me, I'm not loading them all at once. I do try to learn from past error. I'm sorry that I didn't get to posting until almost tomorrow, but I've been busy. All this photo stuff takes time.... sometimes more time than one would think.

No comments: