Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pictures Here, Pictures There

The pictures I' d uploaded to Kodak arrived. There were five folders of them. It was a pretty good size package, and I couldn't wait to see how they turned out.

I opened the packages and pulled them out. It was then that it dawned on me.

I've kept my photos organized on my computer. They are in the order they were taken, of course. That helps me identify some of them.
I loaded them in the same way to Kodak... in order.

Oh, come now! I didn't seriously think that they would come back in the order I sent them. That's not going to happen!

The fact is, I didn't think about it at all. I've been working trying to get pictures uploaded to Flickr and writing about those. I've been busy trying to put them into my blog. I've been busy doing a dozen or so other things as well. I'm not sure that I haven't actually sprung my brain.

I pulled all 286 photos out of their folders and just spread them out on the table.

I believe I need to take a short break. I get focused on doing something, and I can't seem to ration it out at a comfortable and steady pace. I seem to go at it like there is no tomorrow. I need to chill... relax... let it go for ten minutes at least.

I've worked on them a little off and on today. At the end of the day, I have piles. Some are really sorted and in order, but most still have to be sequenced. I've had it with pictures. I'm going to put that off for another day.


I really do need to whine occasionally. It does a body good... I think. Addition! Crafting Ida just wrote to me telling me that her photos had numbers on the back, and hoped mine did too. I looked. DAH! There they are! My high tech brain hadn't thought about looking for a run number. Yes, it is indeed in need of fixing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helpful hints on organizing photos:
1. Photos developed through CMPhotoCenter http://www.cmphotocenter.com/
are returned in the order taken (most of the time!)and with the date taken (and the date developed) and include the title that you gave the photo.
Just pretty cool for those of us that are just a little forgetful!
2. A mini Power Sort Box will hold 600 photos up to 5"x7". Very nice for controlling those piles of photos!
3. Memory Manager automatically sorts uploaded photos by date taken...just be sure the date is correct on your camera. You can then search for pics by date.