Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Locking Through

This day our wonderful bus tour took us across the Mackinac Bridge.

I loved this bridge. It is around five miles across the water. It links the communities of Mackinaw City and St. Ignance. Want a little bridge information? Click Here









This day we would cruise the Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie. We experienced 'locking through' from Lake Huron to Lake Superior. I knew about locks and how they work, but it is a great experience to actually do it. Of course, I learned a few things.


Here we are approaching the lock which would raise us from Lake Huron to Lake Superior.




After the water level is raised, we are released into the higher Lake Superior.


Okay folks... I've spent a ton of time on Flickr trying to put all my lock pictures into a show with captions. It took a ton of time. I want you to head on over there now and check it out. You can view it as a slide show if you like. Step by step going through the locks. There is also some great pics as we go past a large steel manufacturing plant in Canada.

Okay... go on... head on over: Locking Through

No comments: