Thursday, June 26, 2008

Afternoon Entertainment or Men At Work

Friend Grace called and told me to get over to her house and see what was going on at the neighbor's house. Actually, I'd asked her to call as knew there was going to be a little something going on there. Remember, we are easily entertained.

I arrived just as the truck was backing into the driveway with the neighbor's new storage. I took 35 pictures, but just can't load them on here at the moment. Believe me, I have a play by play in pictures. You see the sign! WIDE LOAD! I held my breath as it just cleared the area, and I was thankful it wasn't my responsibility... or my storage. I was glad I could just sit and not have to chew my nails. I don't chew my nails, but I might have started if this were my unit, or my house. I was only a tad nervous. I just kept taking pictures and put nervousness out of my mind.


An angle and tight quarters kept them from being able to drive right up on the slab. They had to work with those wheels, but 'Where there is a will, there is a way.'










Okay, we have to do something about this level thing, so let's put some concrete under this side before we take this off the trailer.














Now the building can be removed from the trailer. Easy.... easy....













Good grief, man.... I hope you ate your spinach!













Now for the reinforcements. Bring that tractor on in here and lets see what you can do! You gotta get er done.












With a few directions, we can get this building up high enough on one side and pushed onto the slab. Lift gently... up... up. Now push... easy.. easy.. Way to go!











Okay, now push that building on back a little further. Easy... easy... Way to go!













Well, that was easy. Or not! Actually, it didn't look too hard. Of course, I was sitting at Grace's house snapping the pictures. I don't think I had the hard part to do. I just loved seeing them do it.










Look at all this storage room.. it even has a 'loft' or something. Cool! There are big plans for all the things that can go into this new place. Ah, the man's place. I mentioned to him that he had quite a dog house. He laughed.

It was getting pretty hot, and I was ready to head home and get back in my air conditioned house. I noticed that he didn't have any electricity in this yet, but I'm sure he is going to take care of that soon. He has a new toy, and I imagine he will spend some time getting it all fixed up.


MORE Vacation Pictures Tomorrow!!!

No comments: