Friday, February 22, 2008

Just For Today

I might have titled this with any of the following:
  • I Have Sinned
  • Closet Shrinkage
  • Just Fluffy
  • Eat Today, Gain Tomorrow
  • Who Cares?
  • It's A Hard Knock Life
You are probably getting the picture by now. My clothes are a bit tight. I have no one to blame except myself. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but that doesn't mean I like it. Misery may love company, but keeping the wrong company isn't good either. I've given my sweet visitors permission to leave.

Actually, I KNOW I'm not in this proverbial boat alone. Almost everyone I know has a similar fight going on. It just doesn't seem fair, but, as Grace would say, 'It is what it is.'

So, I'm making a decision for today.... just for today. I think I can do this today.

Today I will:

  • Keep a record of what I eat and its Weight Watcher's points
  • Carry a bottle of water around with me and sip often
  • Work on something that keeps me out of the kitchen
  • Put on a walking tape and do it.
  • Pat myself on the back this evening and tell myself that I've done well.
Tomorrow I'm going to get up and say to myself, 'I think I can do this again, just for today'.

No comments: