Monday, February 18, 2008

The Haircut













Eating the Post-Trauma Treat







With all the responsibilities of pet care, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands. I-Needa is Gigi's loving person. I-Needa takes really good care of her little pooch person, and that means lots of trips to the vet to get things done. The thing about hair is that it grows. Groomers can make the dogs look really cute, but the hair still grows. I-Needa decided to take matters into her own hands, and with scissors and a brush attacked the problem. She said Gigi took to it really well. I love the fact that, in this digital camera age, I can get pictures of all major events almost immediately.

This reminds me of times I use to take Denie, my shelter dog of thirteen years, out on the back porch and give her a haircut. I let it go natural for years, but grew tired of all the long blond hair in the house and decided I'd just try cutting it myself. I tried a groomer one time, but Denie didn't take to that well, and there was really trauma. So, I decided to just try scissors and patience. I remember being surprised at how patiently Denie stood for me while I snipped away at her hair. She really didn't seem to care. That started another thing that we did together. I don't know if I ever got much better at giving the cuts, but they seemed to turn out okay and we had minimal stress involved.

I just had to share my cute grandpuppy photo. I'm a dog person with a soft heart for them. They are such special loyal loving beings.

No comments: