Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just Plain Doings

I finally had no excuse to resist housecleaning. Company was coming and the deed must be done. I am proud to say that, when the guests arrived, my home was virtually free of dust, and the carpet was sucked free of droppings. Yea for me!

Some wise someone once said that it was best to clean house AFTER the guests leave. I must state that no one, absolutely, NO one bothered to mention how clean and sparkling my home was at their arrival. Of course, I'm sure their homes are ALWAYS clean and sparkling, so they should expect the same from mine. Either that, or they just have manners. If they mentioned how nice my house looked, that might imply that at times it doesn't look that nice.

Now, I will say right out front that I'm really not a slob. I do keep my house picked up. It is just that dust sometimes gets ahead of me. I'd rather craft then dust. Silly me. I'm sure dust reforms to remind me that I have constant things in my life.

The purpose of company was to craft. Crafting Ida arrived and we got busy making cards and learning more about our intended addictions. I'd put all the leaves in the dining room table to provide ample elbow room for all. Of course, I did that ahead of time, but somehow wondered as I was pushing and shoving and trying to get things to line up if it wasn't more of a two woman job. My pride wouldn't let me wait until the guest arrived to start putting the leaves in the table.

We got right to our work. We had little clippings, which we later cleaned up by scooping them into our hands and carrying them to the kitchen waste basket. I was proud of all of us. We are a tidy bunch. After everyone left, I got down on my hands and knees to inspect the carpet. I just wanted to prove to myself that we were neat. I laughed as I picked up a few tiny paper scraps. I thought of the sage advice quoted earlier.... the one about waiting until after the guests leave to clean.

We really did have fun together. That's one of our purposes. We craft and just enjoy each other's company. I've been busy earlier putting our first project from yesterday on the crafting blog. I've more to do later on that.

Learning new techniques means I have to head to Hobby Lobby to purchase a thing or two. The up side of that is that I still have in my possession part of a gift certificate from Christmas. Now, that's what I call a bright spot or thought for the day.... a free pass to my favorite place.
Tah-Dah!

No comments: