Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dang It

JuJu called last night for a little chat. We were having a nice warm heartfelt chat before she spoiled everything. The conversation went like this:

Juju: 'I read your blog yesterday.'
Me: 'Oh, good. I'm glad to know you read it.'
JuJu: 'So, did you do your walking tape?'

At this point, silence settled light a weight. It came back to me. The whole ugly promise I'd made in my blog.

Me: 'Uh..... I.... forgot all about the tape. Really. I really did. I completely forgot about that.'
JuJu: 'I see.'
Me: 'Well.... I did try to do the rest of it. I counted my points. Oh.... and I went to the post office and it was really cold..... so.... I shivered all the way there and back. Does shivering count as exercise?'

JuJu: 'Well, actually... I think shivering is constant moving, and that ought to be exercise.'

I just love how JuJu picked up on that and tried to help me salvage my commitment issue. I guess that is what friends do.

I really thought it was a good save and things were okay. Then I got up this morning and checked my mail and there was a forward from JuJu titled 'Exercise'

It was about how to exercise if you are over fifty. It's the one that tells you to start out with two five pound potato sacks, one in each hand. You are to extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. You try to reach a full minute and then relax. Each day you are to hold this position a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move to ten pound potato sacks. Then try fifty pound potato sacks....... then one hundred. Finally, when you feel comfortable with this, put a potato in each sack.

Dang it, JuJu!!

No comments: