Monday, February 4, 2008

Crafters' Insanity

I'm afraid this crafting addiction is spreading. There has been as much hoopla waiting for February 1st and opening phone lines for Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration orders as for the Super Bowl.

For days, our little card crafting group perused the catalog. I hope I wasn't the only one who made out my order a bazillion times. It almost took over my life. My brain was strained, and I kept wondering what the heck I was doing. It finally dawned on me that I was in throwback mode to those teaching years. I was doing it again. It is a take on that whole system of being given a tiny amount of money and needing to get as much for it as possible. Yes, I was doing it again.

Crafting Ida was no help. She is worse than I am about that. She, too, came from an elementary education background. We are alike in that respect. Therefore, one simply cannot help the other. We are really good at confession to each other and knowing the other will be quick to validate our moments of insanity and spending. Good ole Ida.

The orders have now been made, and we are in waiting mode. We (all of us) CAN'T WAIT for mail to arrive and have our new schtuff in our hands. We have plans, we have ideas... we just need our stuff.

Being so focused on this ordering business, it has been hard to go on with life in any other way. It's difficult to find humor when one can't get one's nose out of the book to look around. I guess the humor will just have to be in the craziness of the doings we've been involved in lately. I carefully use the pronoun 'we' as don't want to be identified in this by myself. I am NOT alone. I have a whole group of crazy people who are like kids in a candy shop. We are crazed individuals wanting our toys. It's a bit like Christmas for kids who are waiting for their presents. We are in waiting mode. I hope it gives us time to breathe and reflect on something other than our plans and catalogs. One thing is for sure: We will do this again.

No comments: