Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fright Night

Last night wasn't fun. I'm not sure I can find much humorous about it, but will save the one thought I can come up with for the last.

Mother called last night after dark saying that someone was beating on her window. She was frightened. I'd be frightened if someone was beating on my window... day or night. I was a bit frightened and thinking about what to do. She wondered if Son Right Back might be home. I guess she wanted me to call him and have him come right over.

I told her that she needed to hang up the phone and call the police... 'Just dial 911 right now and tell the police!' She did. It wasn't long before a patrol call was there with lights searching the neighborhood. Of course, they didn't find anyone. My bet is on one of the kids who has recently moved into the neighborhood and gotten into some previous trouble here. Unfortunately, supervision hasn't been the first priority of the parents. Of course, I really don't know that one of them was the culprit. I just know that it is sad that anyone would think that was fun.

I promised a humorous thought just to prove the point of the blog. So, Crafting Ida suggested that there may be footprints under the window. So.... my mental image of dressing like Sherlock and making a cast of any footprints has been lingering in my mind. Now, that's humorous.

No comments: