Monday, February 11, 2008

Hail and Fun Mail

I must confess right off the bat that there is no hail. There is sleet and a very wet street, but it doesn't rhyme with mail. It's another one of those winter days: cold, wet, cold, almost icy. Definitely, I'm staying inside and rejoicing in retirement.

Fun mail: That part is true. I was checking e-mail today and saw that a comment had been left on my crafting blog. I'm always amazed when someone leaves a comment and I don't know how they came across it. I have a picture there of a card titled 'A Little Bit of Happiness.' I mentioned in the directions that I'd used quilling strips. I can remember being in Hobby Lobby one day just looking at things to buy that might be useful in card making. I saw a container with long narrow paper strips. I wondered what they were, so read the information. It said they were quilling strips. I can't honestly say I knew exactly what that was. I looked it up when I got home and found they are wrapped to make flowers, etc.

The lady who left the comment today directed me to her own site saying that there are lots of things that can be done with the strips. I headed over there and was amazed at all the beautiful things she has created. I know for sure that I'm going to have to leave that alone for now. I'd have something else to spend my money on, and I'm doing well enough in that department with out adding another addiction.

I find it a fun feeling when someone visits and leaves a message. It does make me wonder how they got to my little corner of the world. The Internet is an interesting place.

I did post a link to the quilling site on my crafting blog, but will repeat it here. I think it is worth a visit over to see. Just beware... you might become addicted yourself.

Head on over to Whimsiquills.
Scroll down and click on gallery pictures to see some lovely artwork.

No comments: