Saturday, March 29, 2008

Stacking Pots





















I took this picture at I-Needa's place over her spring break. She loves real plants, but finally just gave up planting anything in the front of her home. It just doesn't get enough sun and things just don't grow. Winter is barely over, and she was just in the mood for a little greenery going on outside. I thought this pot stacking thing was rather cute. Although I'm guilty of not showing the entire thing, there is a metal yard art stake through the center of this holding it all together. Cool, huh?

I-Needa took six pots in graduated sizes. The bottom pot has a little dirt with another smaller pot fit snugly inside and only slightly raised above the rim of the bottom pot. The next one sits just slightly to the side... not much. The fourth pot is resting to the side on the rim of the third one. The fifth pot is tilted slightly and the sixth anchored above. Each is filled with dirt.

I may try this at some point. I think one would just have to work with it, but liked the idea of the yard art metal stake through the center to hold it firmly in place. I'm wondering if real flowers wouldn't work as well, depending on the size of the pots and flowers. I-Needa did put artificial ones in this arrangement as the real ones just won't work here.

This is just a little something to ponder today. When Hobby Lobby is having a sale on the items, I might be found purchasing some of them. Sorry, I'm a Hobby Lobby sale and coupon shopper. Why? Because it's fun.

No comments: