Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Touch of Spring Cleaning

Time seems to be flying by. Hopefully, spring will be here soon and we can look for warmer weather. Living in a four season climate brings us to expect the unexpected. We can expect almost anything at any time. Two days ago we were to have snow. I saw a few flakes. That was enough for me. We've had some sunshine. Those are the best days. Somehow a slight rise in temperature and a nice sunny day is a great mood lifter.

Son Right Back was here for awhile yesterday. He seemed to be in the mood to help, so I took the opportunity to casually mention my plans for cleaning out the space behind the little building out back and the retaining wall. There were a few things there that needed to be hauled to the dump. Little tree wannabes also dotted the area. There were even a few kid toys from the neighbor's yard.

The next thing I knew, Right Back had a rake and was behind the building. He had pulled out the things that needed to go to the dump and raked the area clean. He also took some pruning sheers and clipped away the unwanted growth. I'm ecstatic that the little chore is done. Bless Right Back.

The cleaning spirited me into a mood to do a little myself. I did go inside the building and rearrange a bit. Actually, Right Back took some of his precious possessions from the building and took them away too. I'm envisioning an overhaul of the building. That nice building has a window combination heat and air unit, so I may just get in there and warm the place up to work.

One thing seems to lead to another. Spring cleaning is starting to form in my mind. When visiting with P.R. the other day, I found she has been in the mood and cleaned everything in her house. I do mean EVERY thing. I called to chat with her the other night, and her hubby said that she was busy cleaning the baseboards. I told him that he was really a most excellent husband to just let her do the things that make her so happy. He chuckled. Actually, P.R. loves to clean and paint and wallpaper. She says it's relaxing. I call that strange, but it works for her.

I'm not of the idea that cleaning, wallpapering, and painting can make me relaxed or happy. I'm more happy NOT doing those things. I tried to get P.R. to come on to my house if she has any of the spring cleaning mood left in her. She didn't seem to think that would be an issue. I guess I'm left on my own with that.

The day awaits, and I must run. I have a list of things to do. Really. I made an actual list. I might get some small satisfaction from taking a pencil and marking a few off this evening. I may even wander out to the building and make plans there as well. Perhaps I should take some before and after pictures and share with you.

Must run. Thanks for stopping by, and please come again.

No comments: