Sunday, March 2, 2008

Out To Live

You may have noticed that I've not posted in a few days. One thing about committing to a blog is that feeling that you are obligated to post... daily. For someone wanting less commitments, I'm not understanding this craziness of mine.

I will only thank you for coming by to read my silly writing and tell you that I was out to live. We've had a couple of nice days. The sun has been shining and it was just time to go.... somewhere.

Grace and I went to Nearby City a couple of afternoons ago and took a course in Beading 101. I've not done any of that, and thought it would be fun to sample it. Daughter I-Needa has been making jewelry for some time, and rather likes it. I think her passion has cooled a bit on it, but I thought it might run in the family. Of course, I had to buy some tools. I doubt I get into it big time, but it might be fun to do a little here and there. For one thing, it is expensive... really. I guess that depends on the quality of stones you use, but what I looked at in the bead shop were expensive.

Yesterday I headed for Nearby Big City to see friend P.R. Grace hadn't been to her house, so I coaxed her to come and we had a good time. We also went to a BIG BIG store called Old Time Pottery. Now that is a place that is full of goodies!! You could pack an overnight bag to go there and still not see it all. I was proud that all of us resisted the urge to fill our shopping carts. We bought just a small amount of practical (will have to look up the definition of that word later) items and left the rest for others.

It was good to get out in the world, even if for a couple of days. The weather man has spoken, and his tale was not a pretty one. We have more icky stuff on the way, and it will probably be inside days for me for awhile. At least I was able to get out and live a little before the next batch of potential cabin fever sets in.

No comments: