Friday, March 14, 2008

How Would You Explain It?

I visited with Daughter I-Needa this evening. She told me about an interesting event in her life today. She was heading off to work and for some strange reason, she decided that she simply must have.... craved... strongly desired a tea from Sonic. She isn't a tea drinker, usually. She is a water gal. But today, for some reason, she suddenly had an urge for Sonic tea.

Pulling over on the way to work to get the tea just wasn't a good idea. The Sonic in her area is nestled right where some construction is going on. She sighed and said, 'Gee, God, I sure would like to have a Sonic tea!' Now, you must understand that sharing every little thing with God is a common event in I-Needa's life. It is just second nature. She shares.

On to work I-Needa went. Shortly after her classes began, the door to her room opened and there stood a very confused woman. She was holding a guess what...... Sonic tea.... She headed over to I-Needa's desk and put down the tea. She said, 'Ummmmm.... I know you don't drink tea... I know you are strictly a water gal... but.... well... as I was coming to work this morning, God just seemed to tell me to pull into the Sonic and bring you tea. So I did, and here is the tea.'

That slow knowing grin had to have crossed I-Needa's face. Of course she was surprised, but it was just another of those God Winks that tells us we are truly listened to in the smallest of things. She immediately shared her morning trip to work and her tea craving with the lady. What a nice way to start the day. I'm sure it made God smile too. How would you explain it?

No comments: