Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Outside





I decided that yesterday would be the day to sweep and dust. Didn't happen. I opened the back door to feed Pumpkin and decided the world smelled too good, and the air was too warm to stay inside. I'm not a yard person. Any of my friends can attest to that. I don't like yard work. I say that, but it did call yesterday. I got outside and bagged a ton of canna leaves that I'd left lying on the ground from last summer. I'd given out and just couldn't bag any more. I told myself that it would be good for the soil to just leave them lying by the fence. I decided yesterday that it would be better to bag them and leave them for trash pickup.

Now you may have noticed that my flowers are in bloom. Lovely! I'm going to have to admit that I'm finished with buying all those lovely plants and putting them into the ground to water and hope they live. I'm through!! I'm opting for Hobby Lobby half-price plants that never change. They will bloom and be lovely throughout the season. Actually, I think they look real. I took the idea from I-Needa and just plunked a bunch of stuff into this pot with some dirt.

I'm not very happy with that black TV cord hanging there. I'll either have to add more foliage or paint the cord white. That is to be decided. At least I'm starting on my spring ideas. I want the old cold weather to be gone and some nice happy warmth to stay. I don't like hot weather either, so will opt for seventies for awhile.

I do hope to feel that urge for spring cleaning and organizing. It is officially spring, so I'll take some comfort in that.

No comments: