Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Incentive

I realize that spring isn't really here yet, but it's on the calendar for next week. The temperatures have been climbing a bit during the daytime. There is something in the air that seems to cry out for spring to hurry along.

Recently P.R. cleaned her house from stem to stern. I don't think she missed anything anywhere. I would feel perfectly safe in eating off any floor or surface of her home. I know it is spotless. That's just the way P.R. operates.

Knowing that she had done her spring cleaning put me in a blue funk for awhile. I had to stop and really look around. I've had such a good time doing things that I've shirked my duties to my home environment. I started looking closely and realized there were a few dust bunnies lurking under and over things. The furniture is in need of lemon oil, the woodwork needs a good cleaning, and it all seems to be needed at once.

Then there is the blogging guilt. I feel that a blogger should blog on a daily basis. After all, people don't want to come back to the same thing each day. So, I question why I started this in the first place. Yet, here I am. I'm apologizing for the fact that I've been attending to my home and have a long way yet to go on that project. I would like to suggest that everyone get off the computer and head for the cleaning supplies. We should all give a good week of back breaking endeavor to the cleaning of our surroundings. I'm sure even P.R. is dusting something at the moment.

Spring also gives me ideas of home improvement. For that I called my MWPC (Most Wonderful Perfectionist Carpenter). I was afraid I might be on his AAAC (Avoid At All Cost) list. Thankfully, he returned my call, and I was able to at least unburden myself with my list of 'to do' items. Of course, he can't get here for awhile... I made him at least pencil October by my name. I told him to just add November and December while he was at it. I'm sure by then I can come up with an even longer list of things for him to do.

I love having MWPC around as I see things being accomplished by someone other than myself. I really don't like all that painting and fixing. I'd much prefer to see someone truly accomplished at it accomplishing it. I let him do the carpentry items that I think up. Even if I do some of the painting, I find I do a better job when Mr. Perfectionist is here. I'm afraid otherwise that I might take shortcuts and not do as good a job as I could. If he is here, I tend expect myself to do better. Works for me.

In the meantime, I've been on my hands and knees working on cleaning the kitchen floor. Oh, I do the wet jet mop thing, but I'm really into cleaning so will get down on my hands and knees and do it but good. That wet jet thing seems to wipe some stuff into the wall edge, and only a good cleaning at close view will settle that and make it right. At one point, I realized my knees were a little tingly, and I sincerely wondered if I'd be able to rise from the floor. I also thought about the extra pie and things I'd eaten and wondered if I could hoist the remnants of that. I did make it, but think I'll lay off the pie.

I am, indeed, off to clean. I must finish the kitchen floor. I ran out of light yesterday to really see. I must wipe down the woodwork, wash curtains, shampoo the carpet, lemon oil the furniture and continue to blog. Really, I hope someone else will join me and we can make this world a better place.

No comments: