Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Curtains















Oh Goodie! We aren't in the bathroom! Yesterday we were in the bathroom. Today we move to the kitchen. I'm sure you're excited about that.

On the same day as the dental appointment and my bathroom picture find, I wandered into Walmart with Grace. Oh, please! Who wanders into Walmart! The truth is that my shopping buddy Grace needed those little coffee filters for her four cup coffee maker. You can't get that size everywhere, so we made an intensional stop at Walmart. We even deliberated if we really wanted to put out the effort to do that kind of serious shopping. Walmart requires energy, and certainly stamina. We weren't sure we had it.

Of course, picking up one item and leaving is a hard thing for those of us who might be categorized as browsers. Once inside, we have to look around. It's just part of our nature as browsers.

I was looking in the curtain aisle. I do that frequently. I guess I keep hoping that some drapery to match my living room paint will jump out at me. Then I noticed the valance that now hangs in my kitchen windows. I'd had the same plain little green number hanging there for as long as I can remember. I decided that it was definitely time for a change. After all, it's spring and that changing feeling is strong.

I'd been to the dentist, and I began to wonder if my brain hadn't been numbed to match my mouth. I couldn't even feel my nose, and my brain seemed to be having a hard time processing decision making. I stood looking at two patterns trying to decide which one I wanted. It was between this one and a lime green check. I had every reason in the world why neither would work. I thought Grace was going to give up on me at one point. She finally suggested that I buy two of each and then take one set back. That seemed like a logical solution to my dilemma, but then I'd have to drive back to Nearby City and go through all the returning an item mess. I kept opting for a firm decision. Finally I just selected the ones now hanging in my window with the hope that they would do.

Five minutes after getting in the house, I had the curtains hanging in the windows. It is nice to have something fresh and new there. I've decided that I definitely like them. Having some new things to look at in my home seems to be fueling some deep desire to get busy and do more. Let's hope it lasts. I have a long list of things to do and must get on it before the feeling dies.

No comments: