Sunday, March 23, 2008

More of I-Needa's Wild Day

If you haven't read The Third Day Fish Smell, you should really go read it first. This is more of that wild day of events in the life of I-Needa. I promised to continue the story, so here goes...

We discussed the very very bad smell, the call to 911, the arrival of the hunky fireman, and the decision that the place was NOT on fire. There was all the embarrassment of standing outside with all the lights going on the fire truck trying to tell the men that you didn't really know if you should have called. After all, it is just a smell. However, at this point, I-Needa reported comfort in knowing that the condo was not about to burst into flames.

A bit before the call to 911, before the escalation of feelings and events that led to the placement of that 911 call, I-Needa had tried a lesser more calculated way to solve the horrid smell mystery. She had placed a call to her heat/air and plumber person. He was going to check out the heat/air unit and make sure that it was okay. He would come, but he was on another call and it would be awhile. It was during the wait that the smell grew so much more intense and I-Needa decided that she just had to have someone there with more knowledge about smells. She needed a professional nose to decide if she was going to go up in smoke or not. That is the thing that led to the afore mentioned 911 call.

As I said, the fire department had gone now. The professional noses were of one accord that there would be no fire. Things were looking up for I-Needa. Perhaps she would get some rest and be able to calm herself down a bit.

The heat/air/ plumber arrived. He checked the heat and air unit anyway. He pronounced it good. He was having a little crisis of his own as his truck key broke off in the ignition, so he was having to just let his truck run. He couldn't seem to get the key out, but he continued to return the service calls.

Then I-Needa started what began the second adventure of the day. She said, 'While you are here, would you check the guest bathroom tub faucets? When Mother turned on the faucets, it sounded like they were squealing. I just want to know that nothing is wrong with it.'

The heat/air/plumber person headed upstairs and checked the faucets. He turned it on full blast and off again. He told her that there wasn't anything major wrong with it, but she might want to get it traded out later. Off he went!

I-Needa headed upstairs after awhile to check on the bathroom. Who knows why she did, she just did. There was a stream of water running out of the faucet. She tried turning it off, but that didn't work. She turned it on more, then off. No difference. So.......... back to the phone, called the heat/air/plumber person whose key was still stuck in his truck ignition, to please come back. He did.

Off to the plumbing store he went to fetch new parts. He left his truck running. That would make me nervous. Some little something inside the plumbing stuff had broken off. It needed to be replaced. Back he came and corrected the problem. I-Needa happily (oh sure!) got out her checkbook and paid the heat/air/plumber person. As he drove away, leaving her with new plumbing and less money, I-Needa sincerely hoped that this was the end of her adventures for the day.


I-Needa was still flying around like a whirly bird when she called to tell me the details of the day. Actually, I think she called three or four times. Things just seemed to keep happening, and she needed to share. Personally, I think I was glad to be home. I barely escaped all that action. I just hope the nice heat/air/plumber person managed to get the key out of his truck's ignition. Crazy day!

No comments: