Friday, January 29, 2010

Towel Animals

Cruising seems to be filled with surprises. Since I'd never had the opportunity to travel to by ship, I was in for a few surprises that I'm sure the seasoned traveler knows all about.

I was certainly surprised when we returned to the cabin on our first night aboard and found a cute animal sitting on our turned down bed. It was made of two towels. I quickly took a picture and set it aside to enjoy for awhile.

The next night, we returned to our cabin, and there was another animal. I guess I'm not much of a super sleuth, but I decided at that point that I might just expect something different on night three.
Sure enough, each night the towel animals appeared and I took a picture. I began to wonder how on earth the towel animal fairy had time to scurry around the cabins each night leaving towel critters. Of course I know there is no towel animal fairy!!!


At any rate, I thought I needed to share these delightful critters with you.



How do you like the little elephant?? Cute!!





Keep scrolling... more coming.







What about this guy?? Isn't he/she cute. I have no idea how to tell gender in a towel animal. I'm not going to spend any time worrying about that either.



Keep scrolling.



Come on... there is more


Toward the end of the week, a class was held on folding these critters. Of course... a towel folding instruction book was available for purchase. Of course.

Although I thought these were dandy additions to the bed each night, I really couldn't picture myself making these for guests. Therefore, I kept the pictures I'd taken and passed up the class and towel folding book. I hope I don't ever need to do that.
My favorite is coming!


Isn't this one a hoot?!
Life is good and sometimes just a little towel folding is better than throwing in the towel.

No comments: