Friday, January 22, 2010

On Closer Inspection

I’ve discovered that Mr. isn’t as concerned with lovely scents as I am. I don’t mean that he doesn’t like things to smell nice, but I don’t think he is at all impressed with my selection of soaps, etc.

I realized the soap pump in the bathroom was running low, but was leaving it there to get the last little bit out of it. Mr. came out with pump in hand asking how to put more soap in it. I explained that he was to throw that one away and select one on the top shelf in the cabinet under the sink.

I listened intently wondering if I’d pushed the pumps back behind other things. That would involve Mr. having to sort and move things. I really didn’t like the thought of that. I heard a few small noises coming from the area. I’d really tried to keep my mouth quiet and assume that Mr. was capable of securing and opening a new soap dispenser. However, my anxious moments and not hearing any success report coming from Mr., I couldn’t stand it another minute. I asked.

Me: ‘Say, have you found anything?’

Mr.: ‘Yes.’

Me: (Wanting a little more information) ‘What flavor did you choose?’

Mr.: ( Making a few comments to himself... like ‘phew... phew...’ The door opens and Mr. emerges to have a face to face with me in answering my question.)

‘Well, I think this is Beef Clementine’.

Me: ‘Beef Clementine?’ ( I knew I’d selected some really nice sounding scents, and for the like of me, I couldn’t imagine a Beef Clementine. Who ever heard of a Beef Clementine scent? I realize he is a cattle rancher, but this is carrying things too far.)

Mr.: (Secures his glasses from the dresser for closer inspection of the label. I think he had his own doubts that anything could be named Beef Clementine.)

‘Oh... it says Deep Cleansing.’

Me: ‘Ha ha ha ha ha ha!’

What more can I say? I think that says it all!

Yep... glasses can be helpful. Tah Dah!

If you feel this is not complete unless you know the true identity of the scent, it was Warm Vanilla Sugar. I doubt anyone every carries a Beef Clementine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is good he has you to take care of him.

Stan