Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas Vacation

I'm doing a little thinking about this past December. The calendar squares were full of things to do, and the three top items were wedding, Christmas, and cruise.

The dreams of a white Christmas came all too true for our area of the country, and even the Christmas Eve church services had to be canceled due to ice and snow. It was bone chilling cold, and far less romantic that the wistful tune.

However, thanks to that wonderful Mr. of mine, we left in ice and snow and spent the week following Christmas cruising the Caribbean. It almost makes me envious of myself! There was food! Oh, my... the food! It was wonderful and always available. It was warm, mostly. I'd packed both for a little cooler weather and some warmer days. I didn't wear a coat! No coat!

We left from Galveston and visited Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Of course, I have a ton of pictures and will share. While in port, I finally got far enough away from the ship to get the picture above. What a floating city! It was the first cruise I'd taken, and a very nice experience. (Yes, I got the motion sickness patches and never had a problem.) Coming back to more ice and snow emphasized the nice little respite I'd had from the winter winds and icy chill. I loved it. Bless that Mr.!

No comments: