Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Present

My dear friend Grace... bless her heart... (if you are Southern, you understand)... bought me a present. Such a sweet dear friend, that Grace.

I say the above with tongue in cheek and just being silly. I have to admit that I'd have done the same thing if the situation had been reversed.

You see... I've been carrying on to my friends about New Man's garden and the fact that I may be called upon to can some of those garden vegetables. This town girl hasn't spent time in the kitchen canning before. I've just never felt the need to can.

So.... here comes friend Grace with a VHS tape in her hand. As you can plainly see.... it is about canning. Of course, she couldn't resist it when she saw it. Of course, she was only thinking of helping her good friend CJ. Of course she was chuckling all the way. I can't blame her. Like I said, I would have done the same thing if roles were reversed.

I was so busy with the joy of cleaning house yesterday that I haven't gotten to watch this goodie. It is fortunate that I'm such a planner and bought a combination player for both disc and VHS. I can actually watch this little gem.

I told New Man about what Grace had done. I told him that I'd questioned what kind of friend she was. She said that she just might be more New Man's friend. Do you want to know what New Man said??? Do you??? He said that she had just made his Favorites list. I wonder if that means that she can help me can? I wonder.

No comments: