Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shade Seeker

I snapped this cute kitty picture yesterday as loved the playfulness of this cat messing around on a pile of logs. It seems to be enjoying itself and think it is perhaps doing a little scratching on the log. I'll admit to not being a cat person, even if I do have Pumpkin in my life... my stray God sent cat.

I will admit that they are cute, and a real asset outside to anyone living in the country. Mice, snakes, and lots of other things, beware!






I also caught this kitten lurking among the grasses, and had to laugh as it looks as if it is hiding in the shade. You may just need to click on the picture to get a more up close and personal look at this darling. He is cute.

In my introspection this morning, I'm thinking how much I just might be like this little kitten hiding in the shade. Shade is a big thing these days. The temperature is definitely on its way up, placing more and more value on the brief respite one can get from finding a bit of shade outside. Of course, I'm going to stay inside and appreciate the air-conditioning. Inside is going to be my shade for awhile. I just don't get along with heat very well. I do think about those with outside jobs and think they might be somehow sympathetic with this little kitten... knowing the value of a little shade and perhaps a soft breeze.

I imagine that is going to be about the limit of my deeper thinking today. I'm still trying to clean out the guest bedroom with all the things stored there from the big remodel. It will be an inside shade day for me.

No comments: