Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Country Snapshots

I'm not a city girl. One year of life in Dallas proved that to me. I remember having to drive for miles to get to a park to see a tree. It was just too much steel and concrete for me. No, I'm not planning on uprooting and moving to a metropolis anytime soon... if ever.

I took a little drive in the country and couldn't resist taking a few pictures. I'm not claiming that they are anything out of the ordinary, but just happy peaceful pictures. The first two were taken on either side of a low water crossing. This crossing floods when there is a bit of rain. I always stop on the bridge, if you can call it that, and just feel the peace of the place. It makes me happy.

If I'd had a really good telescopic lens, I'd have been able to capture the small waterfall in this picture. It is there... a very small one.










In the middle of a garden I saw this plant and had to ask to make sure it was an onion plant. I think it is a pretty nifty looking plant. It certainly is different from all the other vegetables.

I just had to try out the close up setting on the camera, so took another of a couple of the flowers.

Keep scrolling.










Now... Isn't that cool? You have just got to love nature! Click on the picture and you will really get an up close shot. Love it.

I'm going to make more trips out and about to try to capture some of our countryside. It really is beautiful. Of course, I'm going to do it early enough that I don't faint dead away in the heat. I don't like summer. I know it isn't quite summer, but it sure feels like it.

No comments: