Monday, June 8, 2009

Nearing the Line

Master Carpenter Man has left the building, and I'm happily enjoying the quiet. Now I have to try to put everything in some order and try to get rid of things I don't really use or need. I guess if I don't use it, I don't need it. That makes sense to me.

MCM did show up this morning to take measurements for the doors and drawer fronts in the kitchen. While he was here, I managed to get some assistance to hang a few heavy items. Then he cleaned out a few of his tools and left for his place.

It is going to take awhile to get all the doors/drawer fronts made and installed, but things are nearing the finish line, and it may be just in time to save my sanity.

I do love this new computer desk area in the kitchen and all the nice storage space above. For some reason I tackled the moving of the computer and files today. It is a cord nightmare, but most will be hidden. I do have a few strays to finish hiding, but that can wait until tomorrow. I've had it with all that doing.


The big mirror and clock were two things I had help with today. I do love the new color in the dining room When I can get the fabric ordered for the draperies, it will be fantastic. It needs a touch of the rust red that will be coming. Ohhh... I can't wait!!!

For now, I'm glad for the peace and quiet of the house. I did notice the squeak of leather from his tool pouch today. It squeaks and clanks as he walks. I didn't know I'd missed that sound, but told him that it sounded pretty good.

I'm thinking I'll be working a bit each day trying to get the guest bedroom cleared out and things ready for company. Daughter I-Needa will be coming one of these days and would like a place to stay. She thinks she NEEDS one. Silly girl.

No comments: