Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here A Man, There A Man

For this single chick, having a bevy of men running around the house is almost overwhelming. It was, indeed, a cast of characters. In order of arrival:

Character 1: Master Carpenter Man. He is always here. I'm secretly wondering if he might not be close to holding the deed on my property.

Character 2: Appliance Store Owner and Installer. He was here to install the microwave that I reserved from him two months ago.

Character 3: Son Right Back. He was actually back, crutches and all. He is in rehab trying to get back on his feet after his bravado of jumping out of a perfectly good plane. Trust me, he is paying dearly for that one. Men! He was here, lending his hand to help his poor mother get a piece of her house back together.

My first challenge was organizing and directing vehicle parking. It seems all wanted the choice spot in my yard which is accessed by backing up into the yard close to the porch. Obviously, three vehicles can't do that at the same time. Well, maybe it isn't obvious to you, but you are going to have to take my word for it. It won't work.

I mentioned to MCM (Character 1) that he might want to move as Appliance Store Owner would be arriving in about ten minutes. He fortunately had to head to the local lumber yard for something, so I didn't have to nag him about moving.

Appliance Store Owner showed up next and took the coveted spot backing up to the porch to unload the over the stove microwave which he came to install.

Son Right Back was right behind him and parked his truck in the somewhat narrow driveway. I waved from the back porch and told him that MCM had gone to get lumber and would need to get by him when he got back. That didn't seem to bother Right Back. He just got out of his truck and came on in.

I said something to Appliance Store Owner on his way in about having too many men to deal with this morning. He said that wasn't a usual complaint of most single gals around here. We both laughed.

So, here we have Appliance Store Owner bringing in the new microwave to go above the stove. My microwave has been on the fritz for a long time, and I'm looking forward to some popcorn this evening.

Isn't this fascinating? Ooooohhhh... wrapping... Styrofoam.. The best part is that he is doing the work. I wouldn't have a clue how to install this. Let the experts do their work, I say.










See.... There is a little light under it for the vent. It has a nice vent there to keep all that nasty grease contained. Lovely, really.











Ah, the thing is in place and ready to go. I'll be using it today. That deserves a Tah Dah!
















Right Back is working on getting my dishwasher put back in place and ready to go. I love that he is talented... and licensed to help his mother. See his crutches in the upper right hand corner.










There it is! I'll be able to use the dishwasher again. Yea! Things are coming together. I may actually have everything in order one of these days. Doors and drawer fronts will be a nice addition.

As to MCM, he is working on that hallway that is pictured in the last post. Of course, that will take awhile as nothing is as easy as it seems.

As I write this post, everyone is gone and it is deliciously quiet around here. Thank goodness.

No comments: