Friday, October 22, 2010

The Love Offering

You would think from all Mr.'s proud carrying on about his wife (me) and bean canning that I'd given birth to his first male child, heir apparent to his kingdom.  He seems to have a new lease on life, one that includes a future for his garden produce.

He has told the canning story to all of his friends, at least all of those he's seen in the last couple of days.  He's bragged about me, which is nice.  It seems I've attained some kind of special status in his world as a 'citified' woman who has now crossed over into the world of 'country'.  That's so special.

I will admit that I've had a bit of personal satisfaction looking at those five quarts of beans which still decorate the top of my kitchen counter.  I also realize, when trying to be realistic about this whole adventure, that more will be expected.  It isn't something that I can call 'completed'.  I may look at it as a small accomplishment in my life as it is certainly the first and only time that I've ever considered canning anything.   However, I do believe Mr. sees it as crossing over and becoming the woman he wants to see decorating the kitchen... one who will continue what has been started into infinity.

So... all of this pride and all these kind and caring words have resulted in a love gift.  Yes... Mr. brought me a present... really.  I'll bet you have some idea of what it is.   As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here it is...

Ah, doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling?  I can dig that pressure cooker and all those supplies out and have another round of rip roaring fun.  Tah Dah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cooked mine and they were delicious! Taylor ate with us and remarked "these are like home-grown"!! Such a tribute.