Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love My Men

For a number of days I've been fighting another battle with pesky squirrels.  I don't know why I seem to be blessed with critter problems every few years.  This is one of those times.  Son Right Back has been working on the problem.  I really thought I knew where they were getting in, but he didn't agree.  He did seal up one place I'd found along the bottom of the eaves, but that didn't seem to take care of the problem.  Those pesky little things managed to get another place on the edge of the siding loose, and I could actually see their little heads peaking out from the guest bedroom window.  

After church today, Mr. went outside to try to find another place where the squirrels could get in.  He announced that he had found the place.    

It was almost perfect timing that had Right Back appearing on the scene to get a 'squirrel update'.  I told him about what Mr. had found and set off to try to find it.   Mr. quickly showed up on the scene and pointed out the offending hole.   The decision was made to repair this place first, then they would move to the real problem.  I ran inside for Snappy, my sweet little camera.  We just had to get a picture of my men at work.  Men working make fine pictures.   Go, Right Back, go! 
Mr. decided that holding the ladder might be a good idea.  No objections from Right Back were heard, so I headed down into the neighbor's yard for a little more of a distance picture... down the hill.

Back up the hill I came and thought I'd pester Mr. a bit with the camera.  I don't think he wanted me to take anymore pictures.   It looks like he has been playing in the dirt.  Okay, I get the message and will retreat with Snappy.  I've done enough,

 Just so I don't leave any of my men out of the pictures, here is Man Cat Pumpkin.  He's working too, I think.   He must be on mouse patrol.  We sure don't want any of those pesky critters either.   Isn't he cute?   He has been around for years.  Sweet baby!

No comments: