Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mystery Taters


Mr. decided to dig some potatoes yesterday.   He has been talking about that garden again.  The green beans are not happy, but there are some potatoes that can be eaten, so Mr. happily brought them to the kitchen.  We have guests, and a roast is in the making.  Of course, potatoes go with roast.
A few 'wows' came with the crazy looking potato that graced the center of the pile.  I mentioned that I should  get the camera and let everyone see these funny potatoes.   It was suggested that I get a dollar bill out to use for size comparison as a dollar is about six inches I was told.  I didn't measure it, but figured it was a good idea.   MK and JR offered to help in the staging, so each took a corner to  help you see.

We aren't sure what this is, but it might qualify for some kind of suspended alien.   It certainly looks like a very strange being.   Thank you, MK, for your assistance.  Don't let it get away!

Now, this one really looks like a little alien.  Star Wars, perhaps.  We aren't sure.

Ah, a little baby tater... perhaps a cheeping chicken... maybe. 

Just in case you missed the first one, here it is again.   Lovely, isn't it?  I sure hope I haven't driven my readers to tater envy.  They certainly are mystery taters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are definitely the strangest looking potatoes I have ever seen...How did they taste? Linda