Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Master Carpenter Man

A Beautiful Sight!

















Master Carpenter Man (MCM) arrived yesterday to install a new back door on Mother's house. I'm telling you there isn't a better sight than seeing a capable carpenter arrive. THIS man can do anything with wood. Actually, this kind of fixing up can bring its own set of demands. An older home has its own set of problems. One thing about MCM, it will be done right and to perfection before he is finished.

I ran right outside with my camera when I saw he was at Mother's house. I started taking pictures of him, and he started looking at me strangely. He finally asked what the heck I was doing... my words, not his... I explained that I thought I'd do a calendar and needed a few calendar shots. He laughed. Well... I just MIGHT be serious. Or not.

I do have to laugh at all the droppings my MCM leaves behind. I just had to take a few shots of the mess he made. I'm sure it will be completely cleaned when he leaves, and I know Mother will like
her new door when it is finished.


I've been looking carefully at all this mess as have made him promise to come back in a few months and do some work at my house. I told him that would give me many more photo opts. I'm not sure if he covered his ears in the above photo to keep from hearing the saw or to drown out my suggestions. Either way, watching him work is a beautiful sight!

No comments: