Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Huge Confession

I do believe I have now maxed out my confessions. I called I-Needa yesterday and asked her if she remembered what I'd said I was going to do that day. The correct answer was: 'You're taking your car to get the oil changed.' She remembered. There really was more to the question than is seen on the surface.

A number of years ago, I took my car to the dealership to get oil changed. There was something wrong with the car, and I didn't like hearing that I was going to have to take it to Big Nearby City to get it fixed. You see, it was one of those Saturns that has to go to a Saturn dealership....period. I knew that when I bought it, but I didn't plan on anything being wrong.

When I drove in to get my oil changed, I had NO plans to do what I did. But I just skipped the oil change and bought a new car, one that wasn't so fussy about where it was serviced. I called I-Needa that day from the dealership and told her that I was waiting, but not for oil. My new car was being detailed. Funny!!!

Yes, we've laughed at that for a number of years. It is just one of those inside jokes about getting the oil changed.

I did take my car to get the oil changed yesterday. Then they began to tell me about something I was going to have to have fixed. I do NOT like to hear that kind of talk. One thing just leads to another.

I decided to head over to look at another automobile that I'd been checking out on the Internet. I was JUST looking... period. I ended up looking for hours and had to call I-Needa once again and mention what happens when one goes in for an oil change. Yep, I did it again.

Right Back came over when I got home to check out the new vehicle. As he was leaving, he held his keys up and mentioned that his truck is in need of an oil change, and would I mind handling that. He rather likes what happens when I go for an oil change. I just smiled and told him that I didn't think I'd be taking his truck anywhere.

I'm totally worn out from this off the cuff shopping expedition. I had to make such a big confession on top of all the shopping stress that I'm headed to the sofa to take a cat nap. I hope it will be purrrrfectly restful.

No comments: