Sunday, May 25, 2008

Man Cat Carnage

Reader beware: Not a funny story!

I was taking a shower a bit ago and decided to open the little ventilation window in the shower area. I pulled it back just in time to see Man Cat Pumpkin trotting proudly across the alley returning with something hanging from his mouth. I didn't have on glasses in the shower, of course, but was sure it was a bird flopping from his mouth. EEEUUUUU.

After I got out of the shower, I opened the back door to see Pumpkin standing there mewing at me. I guess he was proud of his offering. There just inches from my door was the carnage of a once lovely little cardinal. The poor bird was a featherless lifeless creature.

So.... I got on some clothes and went out the front door. I recovered shovels from the tool house, dug a small hole, loaded the lifeless body onto the shovel and dumped it into the hole. Pumpkin watched this, and I have NO idea what he was thinking.

One thing is for sure.... I'm not happy with his actions and do NOT appreciate his gift, if that is what it is. Cat lover.... this is a con in my books. Gee... I wonder why I prefer a good face licking lap dog.

No comments: