Monday, April 12, 2010

A Winner

I realize I've been missing in action. In the real world, it happens. It just does. Please forgive me.

Mr. went to a dinner the other night and paid for a little piece of paper that went into a special little bowl. You know what I mean.

His name was called, and he was given this cedar box and lovely Pendleton blanket to bring home.


I told him that I never win anything. He said this is the second time in his life that he has won something. The first was many years ago when he won a straw ranch hat from a local clothier. He said that he was really proud of that hat.

He was heading into town and had the hat on his head. He decided to do a little mowing and bumped his head on a tree limb. Before he could do anything to stop it, the nice straw hat went sailing off his head and into the mower. It was not a pretty sight.

I told Mr. that he'd best keep the blanket away from mowers or bush hogs.... no more chopping up his prizes. Funny, huh?

No comments: