Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Glory! Master Carpenter Man Returns

After an eight month absence, Master Carpenter Man returned. I can't tell you how happy I was to see his red truck arrive. He is absolutely the ONLY one I'll trust with carpentry things. He is a perfectionist. Everyone needs a perfectionist in their life when it comes to attacking house repair and such.

You may, or may not, remember that he was here for seven months... yes, seven months, working on my kitchen and dining room. He thought he would never escape. I was afraid he would never return. This morning, he did, and I'm thrilled.

I've had a nasty elusive evasive whatever place lurking somewhere on the roof that at times allows water to seep into the guest bedroom. The poor ceiling in there is much the worse for wear. I know that if anyone can find the culprit and repair it, it is MCM.

As I write, he is still working on the flashing, which he says wasn't installed right in the beginning. One thing I really like about MCM is his problem solving skills. He can find a solution for anything, and doesn't cut corners to do it. Love that. The end result is right.
Oh... that funny tree on the roof is an antenna. Yep, some probably wouldn't know one if they saw it. It doesn't work anymore since everything went digital. I have satellite, but liked to keep this around for times when rain fade takes away my picture. Now... no picture from the antenna. I suppose I could do something about that. Actually, son Right Back could fix it, but I haven't had time to think about it.

I had to put two pictures of MCM walking around on the roof. I just love seeing him there and thought you should have at least two pictures. It makes me happy just knowing that he is on the job and things are going to be repaired when he leaves. Yea!!! Of course, after awhile, he will come back and put in a new guest bedroom ceiling. We will give it awhile to make sure things are as they should be. I think it will be fine. Have a happy day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? Linda