Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fresh Spring Flowers

I attended a little event yesterday and had a chance to play with my new camera ... Snappy, my Canon Rebel T1i. I was asked to be the photographer for our little event. It was one of those organizational assignments, no pay here, just one of the group doing my thing.... I was thrilled to get a chance to work inside under florescent lighting trying to learn how to use that camera.

Actually, I took almost two hundred pictures during the day, and I thought about it later and wondered if perhaps I'd made a pest of myself. Everyone seemed to ignore me. No one threw anything at me. I guess it was okay. I'm really not sure, though. I seemed to have gotten caught up in the act of turning Snappy on the world.

There were a number of lovely fresh flower arrangements around the room, and I just had to set the dial to Macro and lean in for some flower shots. I really liked these and decided to put them on the blog for you to enjoy as well. I don't know that they are prize winners for any reason, but think they are pretty just the same. I love taking pictures to use as my computer desktop background.
I rather like this pink lovely as well. I would love to have a beautiful garden with some of these growing. That's not going to happen anytime soon, but I think they would be beautiful.

Actually, taking really close up shots is starting to appeal to me more and more. I may need to work on that a bit. There is something that might be challenging about getting just the right composition, lighting, etc. I almost feel myself being pulled into it as I write.

First, I feel a little nap coming on. It's Sunday and a drippy wet day. The sky is overcast, and my eyelids want to droop. I think I'll head toward the sofa and take a little snooze as quickly as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your pix...hope you had a good turnout for your fundraiser.
Linda