Monday, February 2, 2009

Silence is Golden

The sweet silence of the weekend is past. Although I do love seeing the progress each day in the kitchen, hearing the noises that go with all that work, and knowing that someday it will look so fine, I will admit to enjoying the silence.

The tools have remained where MCM left them when he disappeared. I've learned to step over and around the mess, even in the dark. There is no way to contain the drippings in the kitchen. They are in the dining room and hallway as well. I'm not counting the boxes and kitchen appliances hanging out in the guest bedroom. I've set the living room and my bedroom as off limits for work drippings. Not there!! I've told MCM that... very firmly told him. I noticed a few boards sticking into the living room area from the dining room. I complained.. a little. I have to admit that they were very long boards.

I managed to dust the furniture that had gotten to the 'write your name in the dust' stage. My nose was protesting the whole dust issue, so had to deal with it. I even managed to mop the kitchen floor, which I will call my 'exercise in futility'. My excuse: It will help settle the dust. It really didn't improve the kitchen floor. It is going to be replaced, so I haven't worried too much about it.

I'm sitting here sipping my morning coffee and thinking that all this sweet silence will soon be replaced with work in progress noises again. That's good. Really. I'm ready. I imagine MCM will be ready as well. I hope he had a wonderful weekend and will be happily back to work in a couple of hours. That gives me time to finish sipping this coffee and thinking about the week ahead. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

No comments: