Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh, NO!

Yesterday was a shopping adventure in Nearby Big City... lots of things to look at for the kitchen: Tile, flooring, fabric. It was a good day.

Then I arrived back home to see what had gone on in my absence.

At first look, I saw that MCM had taken all the sheetrock off the walls in the higher ceiling part of the kitchen. So far... so good. It certainly looked strange, but things were okay, and I would adjust.


Then I noticed Kleenex and my wine bottle sitting on the counter by the sink and a BIG note left sitting in the sink. I started reading, and the day became a little skewed. Oh, NO! This is not good! Really! NOT GOOD! MCM wouldn't leave me a note like this lightly. He wanted me to seriously consider the gravity of the situation.


I followed the top arrow to the ceiling and saw that the main horizontal board at the top of the wall... the one everything rests on... is in BAD shape. It looks like termites, or something else has damaged it badly.. BADLY!







I don't think you can really get a good idea from this picture, but it looks really bad in real life... my life.

I called MCM and whined into his answering machine. I just wanted him to tell me that he could fix it. I just needed to know that, and I needed to hear it from his own lips.

He called back later. I really didn't want to bother him. I just asked if he could fix it. He said that he could, but he is going to have to take the siding off the house to get to it. I told him that we would just have to do what needed to be done.

I've been thinking about that. Of course, my first thought was the vinyl siding that I have on the house. It really won't be a problem to take that off. Then it pretty much dawned on me that he means 'take the SIDING OFF the house! Oh, NO! It is winter! Burr!!! I wonder how long the siding will have to be OFF the house. I wonder how quickly MCM can repair it and put the siding back ON the house.

At this point, I have no answers. I'm waiting for MCM to appear and give me the news. I hope there is some good news mixed in with the bad. I could use a little good news.

One thing I will say in the positive: I'm so thankful for this majorly capable man and the confidence that he is both willing and able to make all this right again. He has proved himself to me before, and I'm counting him as a blessing!

No comments: