Friday, February 20, 2009

Still At It

It is still a work in progress, and MCM is still at it. He has been working on the outside for a few days trying to get the side of my house back on and looking fine. I took this picture before the sun is up to show you that I have windows. Yea! Actually, it still looks like this in the kitchen, but I did hang something over them last night as live in the city, not the country. I don't like feeling like I'm letting the world see into my house at night.

I think this morning is going to bring on the sanding. There is nothing as bad as that sanding dust. It is so fine, and it goes everywhere. IT will be just like a cloud hovering in the kitchen. We will put a fan in the window to try to create an exhaust for it. I did that when MCM was sanding in October in the living and dining rooms. It really helped to just push some of it out. Oh... I'll be sure to take pictures. It might be a 'must see' event.

I'm rather anxious to get this process over as will mean that priming the walls and painting will be happening. I haven't let this slip to MCM yet, but I intend to get in there and do some painting. I can, and I would love for him to move on to cabinet building. After all, he can only do one thing at a time.

Changing the subject just a tad... I had an e-mail from a friend who is checking the progress on my blog. She said they are going to have a kitchen remodel in a bit, and I was starting to make her nervous about it. She then said they were picking out cabinets and flooring, and all that good stuff. I had to laugh as wondered why she is so nervous. At least they are picking out what they want ahead of time. My wonderful carpenter called on a Friday and started on a Monday. I've picked out things as I go. I didn't know what to do about cabinets. At least my friend said they are picking some out. That pretty much means they are not going to refinish, repaint, or reuse what they have. That is one BIG decision made. I think I grappled with that one for days, and almost had to turn to drink for it. Just kidding.... about the drink.

I've been trying to take a picture of my color palette, but it is hard to do that and have it turn out in true colors. I'll keep trying and perhaps can post that one of these days soon. I know you are just drying to see it. That is another thing that has just evolved. I seem to be fixing that as I go. Then I looked in the living room at a piece of metal art that I bought last summer. Believe it or not, it has the colors of the palette I'm now using.

It is time to post and get to fixing myself for the day. I don't know why I'm going to bother cleaning up for the day. If sanding dust is on the agenda, I may look like a little white cloud soon.

No comments: