Friday, January 30, 2009

Up and Down

The sheetrock went up on the ceiling yesterday! YEA! I did the little happy dance and tried to get MCM to join me. He was a little less showy in his happiness dance, but I know he felt it inside as well. The mud, sanding, priming, and painting, will come later. For now, just seeing that lovely sheetrock on the ceiling covering up the duct work is a lovely sight.

In the interest of my Creative Memories album that I'm making to document this whole remodel thing and to capture the awsome sight of MCM at work, I take lots of pictures. MCM has long ago given up on any hope that I'll just go sit down and watch Oprah. I really do try not to pester him. I can't honestly say that I try too hard, but once in awhile I give it a little show of effort.

Yesterday I kept opening the back door a tiny bit and peeking at him. He was working over that door and I guess he thought perhaps I was becoming a problem. He actually took a board and screwed it into the floor so I couldn't open the door again. He locked me into the back room. He did. Of course, it was all in fun... I think. We both laughed, and he let me out without too many threats on my part.
As soon as the ceiling sheetrock was in place, MCM started taking the sheetrock off the walls. The back part of the kitchen is now bare bare bare. Yes.... bare.

The area looks pretty clean here, but there was a lot of old sheetrock and lathe to be carried to the trailer. I helped. I didn't do it by myself this time. He actually asked me if I WANTED to do it myself. Crazy man! I may have to change his name from Master Carpenter Man (MCM) to Messy Master Crazy Carpenter Man (MMCCM).

My morning time is flying by, and my second cup of coffee is almost gone. I guess I should get busy with the morning routine of getting around. MMCCM will be here after awhile, and I need to be ready for the day and whatever it brings. I'll try not to be too much of a pest as don't want to be locked into the back room again. Ta Dah.

No comments: