Friday, January 23, 2009

First Things First

Since this post will be at the top of the page, you might just scroll down and read the next post first. Understand? That way, this might make more sense.

No, this isn't the kitchen. First I have to show you what I'm going to put in the dining room. I realize that monitors do crazy things to colors, but this is a happy on the rust side red... Love it. It is going to become the new color for my dining room. My Interior Design friend says I should put it on the walls as well as my draperies and cornice board. I'm thinking about it. At first I gasped, but the idea is growing on me... really growing.

The reason you are getting to see the dining room pics is to know what colors will flow into the kitchen. After all, we must coordinate.

I snapped a picture of part of the dining room. The lovely blue thing in the doorway just left is a nice thick tarp hung between the kitchen and dining room. We keep out as much dust as possible. Anyway... the rust flowered print is going in this room. I picked it out just before Master Carpenter Man (MCM) announced the kitchen redo was at hand. Actually, I was really proud of myself for being ahead of things and picking something for the dining room.

Of course, I'm not going to be doing anything in here until the kitchen is finished. I can't see the sense of getting that lovely fabric dirty, so it will wait for awhile. As soon as the kitchen is finished, I'm going to get that fabric in here.

No comments: