Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Almost Sheetrock

Master Carpenter Man has been at work this week in spite of icy streets and really really cold temperatures. He walked to work. Now there is what I'd call having a work ethic. I didn't ask him to do that, but he did.

He has worked on getting the lower part of the ceiling level so the new sheetrock will be nice and level and not go up and down... no sagging allowed. He has measured and sawed and shimmed till the world has looked level. Believe me, it is straight.

One thing can be almost guaranteed in an older home: nothing is plumb or level. Everything needs work. I'm sure there is an art and at times some frustration in working on an older home. It is nice to know what you are doing and be able to figure out how to solve any problems that surface. I certainly don't know how those home improvement shows make something over from start to finish in thirty minutes. You know they are leaving a lot out of their reporting. It always looks so easy. Phooey.

The good news is that the ceiling is ready for sheetrock, and that will be starting next. He is going to work on the ceiling, then move to the walls in the lowered part of the room. I rather like working on this as two different areas. It has helped me keep my appliances going so far.

As a matter of fact, I'm so sleepy and about to crash head first into the keyboard, but the dryer is running as I decided to do a last minute load of laundry. When you aren't sure you are going to have one of life's conveniences, it makes you appreciate it more.

Tomorrow I hope to have some pics of sheetrock on the ceiling. Tah Dah




No comments: