Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just Doings

I haven't posted for a couple of days. I realize this is a grave sin in the blog world, but I've been busy. Sometimes that happens.

I did have some fun last week getting together with friends in Nearby City. I wondered at the reason for waiting until the hottest month we have to be sociable, but decided I'd live getting out and going somewhere.

One friend asked several of us to her home to enjoy dinner and a swim in the pool. It was lovely to just get together and visit, and the swim was really nice as well.

I have to admit that I bought a suit a couple of years ago to take on a trip. I took it, but just never got around to putting it on. I've had that suit tucked away in the drawer, and it was high time it was out and used for its intended purpose. As I rinsed it out and hung it up to dry, I rather wished that it might see further service in the future.

Two nights later I headed back to Nearby City to visit another friend. She decided to have an early evening ice cream party. We were treated to seeing her new home and having a nice catch up visit with several friends. I guess I haven't lived recently, but it was a wonderful treat to eat home made banana ice-cream and cake. I had two bowls. Yum.

Yesterday's doings were not as much fun as started the morning with Mother thinking she was having a heart attack. She called just as I put one foot out of bed. That just isn't something one wants to hear at any time. Hearing it before my eye opening coffee was a jolt. I threw on some clothes, hurried over to her house, and did end up calling the ambulance. Thank goodness we still have our hospital in this small community. It has often been a struggle to keep it, but I think any struggle is worth it. I really wouldn't want to live in a town with no hospital. However, that is a conversation for another time. Mother is much better and may even be released today.

I'm up and really need to get on the day. I have a list of things to do, and all of it must be done in the next four hours. I think that means I should exit the blog and begin that list before it is too late.

No comments: