Saturday, August 9, 2008

Decision Made

I Did It! I am now officially a
Creative Memories consultant!
(It's so good to be official)

I went to the cabinet and brought forth my CM coffee mug. It was a gift from Daughter I-Needa a few years ago when she was a consultant. Now it has even more meaning, and I intend to start my morning with a nice cup of eye opening java from my CM mug.


I will confess that this decision wasn't completely easy. I went from thinking I wanted to do this to wondering what on earth I was thinking.

I've been using CM products, and loving them, for years. I was first introduced to them in I-Needa's home at a crop. (That's a fancy word for working on getting those photos into albums.) I was so impressed with the consultant, Caroll. She has been my consultant for years.

Caroll is really sweet and has done so many things to be of help to her customers. She is downright dedicated to serving others with her gift. I will say that she has mentioned on a number of occasions that I might want to consider becoming a CM consultant. I always brushed that thought right away. None of that for me, thank you. I just couldn't picture myself doing it. Really.

One thing I've learned in life, and it should be taken seriously: NEVER say that you will NEVER do something. That is a sure sign that will MOST CERTAINLY do it. Period.

After a bit of prayer and thinking and figuring, I finally called Caroll on the phone. I had to giggle occasionally at the thought of what I was about to do to her. She had tried so often, and I had refused so often, that I knew I was about to give her a shock.

I sent her a little e-mail saying that I had a CM question and would like to call and talk with her about it. Later I gave her a call, and the conversation went something like this:
Caroll 'What would you like to ask me about?'

Sly Me 'I was just wondering if you are up to taking me on as a consultant.'

Caroll (Actually no sound was coming from her end of the phone. There was just silence) Finally.... 'Sorry, I'm on the floor.'

Sly Me 'Oh, I'm sorry!'

Caroll 'Oh, you are just kidding. You are kidding..... aren't you? Are you kidding?'

Sly Me 'I'm not kidding.' (Said very softly and evenly as I tried to picture her face.)

Caroll (Another one of those long silent periods as she was trying to regroup.)
'Oh, you really are kidding.... aren't you?'

For some reason, we were having difficulty moving our conversation beyond this point, but that was fine with me. I was savoring the moment, so to speak.

Sly Me 'I'm really NOT kidding. I'm serious. I've made a decision and I want to be a CM consultant.'

Caroll 'Wow! That is great!' (At this point, excitement began building in her voice and she began at last to be convinced that I was sincere. I must add that I'm really not the kind of person that is never to be believed.... She just couldn't believe that all her years of hard work had finally paid off, and it was needing a bit of time to settle in her head.)

I'm not sure how long after our conversation that she may have arrived at the conclusion that after ALL this time, I'd finally changed my tune and seen the light. I have to tell you, I did get many a chuckle out of giving Caroll a good shock. Of course, it was a GOOD shock.

Saying 'I do' to the company has started me down a new path into a new adventure. I think it is going to be something fun to do, and I'm looking forward to getting together with friends and helping them do what I've learned to enjoy myself.

Who knows, I may make it my personal mission to ferret out all drawers containing piles of pictures within our Small City. I shall offer organizational rescue to my dear friends. They will be happy I did, and someday they too may see the light. (Now I'm getting a little carried away, so think it would be a good time to end.) Tah Dah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for journaling about this fun event...your writing may even end up in my scrapbook! You definitely accurately described my reaction. We are going to have fun!!