Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy Person

After becoming a Creative Memories Consultant, I've been flung into organizing, planning, and learning. I do believe I've become a busy person. Actually, I think I was a busy person before, but now I'm a busy busy person.

I seem to have flung myself with wild abandon into the world of scrapbooking, etc. One of my relatives said that I always seem to give 200 percent to any project I tackle. I guess that will be a good thing.

The strange thing is that I didn't really mean to do this. I told you about Caroll's near death experience as I asked her if she wanted to take me on as a consultant. I'm telling you honestly that I NEVER thought I'd be out and about selling and promoting a product. For me, it wasn't happening.... ever... ever...ever. I don't even like to go to 'parties'. Oh, I've gone, but there has always been a part of me that screams 'NO' when it is time. Now, I'm on the other side of the coin. How strange!

Actually, I believe in our product. I really didn't do this to have a business or to sell something. That really really wasn't why I decided to do the wild abandon fling. You see, I have this vision of getting lots of people together to work and socialize while doing something constructive, fun, and meaningful. Perhaps it is a form of prairie style quilting bees... sitting around sewing and talking and sharing. Yes, that is my vision. I want to see lots of people in our small town gathered happily together working on stories of their families.

I realized that the only way I could try to encourage this kind of activity was to provide resources myself. That's when I started thinking about needing to become a consultant so that I'd be able to provide the resources. That's when I called and sent poor Caroll into a state of utter confusion and disbelief. (That's yesterday's story.)

The whole idea that I've really committed myself to this venture has almost settled into my being. I rather like the idea. I think it is going to be good for me. I'll have to leave my computer chair and go out into the world. I'll have an opportunity to meet new people and establish some stronger bonds with people I already know. I like that.

Honestly, I think it is a fine thing to try something different once in awhile. I'm afraid we all get too into our comfort zones. We need to move out of the box once in awhile and stretch ourselves a bit. It is good for us. It keeps us young. I believe that. I really do.

The idea of trying something new reminds me of one of I-Needa's projects. She decided to try one new thing a day. It could be a tiny little thing, but just had to be something that she had never done before. I'm not sure she has mentioned anything about that lately. She is learning to do decorative painting, so that should definitely count.

Perhaps I should just leave one line with a challenge to all have ventured here to see what I've written. I do appreciate your coming. I really do... sincerely. So... go do one thing today that you have never done before. Make it something nice, of course.

No comments: