Saturday, August 30, 2008

Focus, Dear, Focus

Since signing on as a consultant, my life has been about focus. I suppose that is good in some ways. I haven't had time to do much else besides concentrate on getting my business up and running. There is a lot to learn. I've not had a business before, and I am not one that can sail through life without finding out about details. I imagine at some point my tax preparer and perhaps my Uncle Sam might be interested in details. That gives me incentive too.

My motto seems to be Focus, Dear! Focus is good. Really.

In all this focusing on business, I need to mention the fun I'm having getting others revved up about getting their photos into albums. It's something almost everyone really wants to do. I think it may be as big as dieting. Everyone needs it. At least everyone says they need it. Really.

So, I'm doing that establishing a customer base thing and letting my friends know what I'm doing. If people are going to work on albums, they have to have albums. That is where we are at the moment. I'm also busy planning some fun get-togethers in my head so we can all work on our albums. That is what this is really about, after all.

Since becoming a consultant, I do have some restrictions about what I can and can't put on my blog. That has left me speechless... or blogless. Since what I'm doing is working on this business, and I can't advertise it on my blog, I'm just quiet.

I did escape to I-Needa's house for a couple of days this past week. My reasons for making the trip were rather weak. One: I wanted a hair cut. Two: Gigi would have to be alone late one night as I-Needa had a late night at her school. I didn't really have to go. Someone closer could cut my hair, and a neighbor could have let Gigi out to piddle. However, I found the drive down the Interstate relaxing and it gave me a chance to see something besides my computer and my afore mentioned business stuff. It was all good.

The guilt of knowing that my ten or so faithful readers may have been here and once again found nothing new has driven me to the computer to post something... anything. I hope you will know that I'm still around and will try to be back soon with something of value.

No comments: