Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Country Lunch

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm SO thankful to live in a small community and be able to drive for five minutes or less and be in the country. It's lovely. Really.

Today I was blessed to have lunch in the country with friends. A group of us were meeting there. We were to bring a covered dish.

Life has been a little crazy lately with having Mother in the hospital over the weekend. I've been running around trying to get life in order, and I will have to confess that I didn't remember
this covered dish thing until I was about to climbinto my bed last night. It was an OH NO! moment.

Thankfully, we have a deli in town. I had a zillion (okay, I exaggerate perhaps) errands to run this morning, so decided to forgive myself for my culinary neglect. I headed for the deli to purchase a 'covered dish' for the event. I knew there would be wonderful dishes brought to the event, and there I would be with my deli delight, but that was just going to have to be acceptable. I decided not to guilt myself for the remainder of my life with such a trivial thing.


Although the weather was hot, there is a wonderful mister on the patio outside, so I sat outside with others and enjoyed the country scenery.

I kept looking for animals as our hostess is quite the lover of animals. I wasn't disappointed when one of her little critters entered. Boy and this sweet little donkey soon met, and I managed to take a few photos, and pet the animal a bit myself.



I'd almost put my camera away when along came this darling little pony.

I have to say that lunch was such fun today. It is so relaxing to get away and do something different. I love traveling out to my friend's home and always enjoy seeing what critter comes around the corner. Actually, there are llamas, but I didn't see any today.

No comments: