Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Promise of Harvest

I headed out to the garden the other day armed with Snappy.   I just needed to find out how much stuff is out there.  I know we are going to have more potatoes than Heinz has pickles.  That I know.   Mr. has been bringing them to the kitchen on a daily basis wanting them steamed.  I'll admit, they are good with just a little butter with salt and pepper added.  Yummy!

Mr. is quite happy with his garden.  He has downsized as use to have twice the garden.  I'm just as happy, I'm sure, with a smaller one.  After all, I will get to deal with the produce.


I was really interested in the fruit trees.  These apples just made me jump up and down with glee.  The trees are loaded with them.  I know it will be a lot when they are ready to eat, but I'm seeing lots of apple items in my future.


Ah....... peaches...... Yum.

I took some pictures earlier that I shared with you when these were but buds on the trees.  They are coming right along, and I have grand hope for these as well...



A different kind of peach.  These are the dwarf peaces that I-Needa said should probably be used to make peach tarts.  She is funny.

They look pretty good to me....

Last, but not least, just look at the grapes.  I'm not sure if they will be edible this year or not, but they do look promising.

Now that you are drooling, perhaps it is time to dust off the recipes and think about all the wonderful things that can be made with a little fresh produce here and there.  It won't be long before fruit stands are selling some of their home grown produce.  Yes, I'm looking at this as a promise of a great harvest.  

Down with bugs and raccoons!!  Let my produce BE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you share your harvest with friends?
Linda